GMP and HACCP Workshop in Food Industry
A TWO-Day COMPREHENSIVE & INTERACTIVE COURSE
Receive a HACCP Certificate & a Credit toward the Diploma in Food Safety and Quality
Register onlineDownload Registration Form (PDF)
September 23-24, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CAD $745.00 + HST
Mr. Pirouz Yousefian, M.Sc.
Pirouz Yousefian has over 17 years experience in the food industry working in various positions such as plant and operations manager, PD and Quality Assurance manager. He has been teaching Quality Assurance, Food Processing, Food Plant Sanitation, and Food Chemistry in Ontario Colleges and Universities. He provides consulting and technical support to food and allied industries.
His previous employment includes: Seneca College, Centennial College, University of Ryerson, Max Soy Canada, Kisko Products and Novopharm. He holds a M.Sc. in Food Science from University of Guelph.
- Overview of Food Safety Programs
- Principles of Quality Management System
- Definition of quality terms
- principles of Prerequisite Program (GMPs):
- Premise – design, construction, lighting, water supply, utilities
- Equipment – design, installation, maintenance, calibration
- Sanitation & Pest Control (Food Plant Sanitation)
- Transportation & Storage – raw materials, in-process, finished products
- Personnel-hygiene, training, cleanliness, communicable diseases
- Recall and Traceability
- Introduction to HACCP
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Principles
- HACCP Applications in Food Industry
- HACCP development
- Elements of a HACCP Quality Plan
- Developing a HACCP Team
- Performing Hazard Analysis
- Identifying Critical Control Points (CCPs) and Critical Limits
- HACCP Implementation and Maintenance
- HACCP Forms and Constructing Flow Diagrams and
- Monitoring System for CCPs
- Establishing Documentation and Record Keeping
- Quality Standards and Specifications in food Industry
- Allergen Control
- CFIA/OMAFRA Guidelines for the Application of the HACCP System
- Plant Audit and Inspection
- Case study and Q&A
Who Should Attend
This two-day course is valuable for all persons employed in food and food related businesses that need to have a good understanding of HACCP. This course is particularly useful for those involved in the implementation and maintenance of HACCP and individuals who are, or intend to become members of HACCP teams. HACCP training is also recommended for staff who are involved in internal audits of quality systems.
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking
Note: Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course