Cannabis – QC, Specifications, Analytical Testing Requirements Workshop
November 6, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CAD $585.00 + HST
AAPS Training Center
200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R4
The analytical testing requirement under Cannabis Regulations involves understanding various tests including wet chemistry, chromatography and microbiology, which will be introduced, discussed in-depth and interpreted.
This workshop will cover aspects in Quality Control, certificate of analysis, analytical testing procedure and laboratory techniques on Cannabis for Medical Purpose – topics include:
- Equipment: Calibration and Qualification
- Certificate of Analysis (CofA)
- Reference Standards
- Regulated under GMP, SOP and Safety guidelines
The Cannabis is bringing in a lot of career opportunities to the Canadian market and is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing industries in Canada. The rapid growth of the Cannabis industry means there is a need for QC analysts or technicians and management on Quality Control.
This workshop focuses on laboratory safety, techniques, background theories of all necessary chemical analysis for Cannabis, including: identification test, volatile test, physical test, assay test, pesticides test, aflatoxin test and biology test using various analytical techniques and instruments, which are regulated by Health Canada. Concepts such as Quality Assurance, Certificate of Analysis (C of A), and R&D on analytical methods are also discussed.
- Brief Review of Cannabis Regulations and Analytical Testing Requirements
- Practice laboratory safety and techniques (WHIMS)
- Work in GMP regulated laboratory and follow SOPs
- Theory and background for each type of testing
- Detailed various QC experiments related to Cannabis
- Assay for THCA, THC, CBDA, CBD, CBN, etc.
- Testing for Aflatoxin, Residual Solvents, Pesticides, Terpene and Heavy Metals
- Method development and validation following ICH guideline
- Interpret laboratory data from Certificate of Analysis
- Interpret data from HPLC, GC/GC-MS, ICP-MS etc.
- Detection of pathogens in Cannabis
Who should attend:
This course is intended for those who are interested in analysis of cannabis; as an analyst, manager or organization looking to become a licenced producer (LP).
- Analytical Chemists
- QC Chemists/ Technologists
- QC Managers
- QA Associates/Managers
- Licensed Producers
- Method Development Analysts
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking (Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course)
Note: Registration closes one week prior to the start of workshop.