Clinical Research, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance Diploma Program
AAPS is the first Canadian College that designed, prepared and started to offer this ministry approved program in Canada.
The Clinical Research, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance Diploma program is designed to develop specialized knowledge and skills required to design and write study protocols, monitor and manage clinical trials and to conduct drug safety and Pharmacovigilance activities including adverse reaction reporting and preparing periodic safety update reports. The program focuses on the global healthcare system as well as the Canadian healthcare system, Canadian regulatory agencies, health care legislation, international guidelines, and standard operating procedures (SOP). Using practical and current real cases, AAPS integrates a unique approach and provides students with the foundation and practical knowledge to formulate a sound clinical development plan; ensure clinical trial data is credible and accurate; and that the rights, integrity and confidentiality of trial subjects are protected.
A well-trained and knowledgeable Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance professional plays a vital role in protecting the study participant and the general population for marketed drugs and in helping to reduce the time between drug development and marketing approval. The demand for knowledgeable and trained Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance professionals continues to grow, as supply is limited.
AAPS graduates from the Clinical Research, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance program pursue careers in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnological, Medical devices, Cosmetics, Natural health Products, and Allied industries.
Qualify to start your career in:
- Clinical Research
- Pharmaceutical project management
- Clinical data management
- Pharmacoepidemiology data management
Example of careers in the field of Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance:
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Pharmacovigilance data management Associate
- Clinical Research Associate
- Pharmacovigilance Associate
- Clinical Data Management Associate
- Clinical Research Project Leader
- Pharmacovigilance Project leader
- Clinical Research Monitor
- Medical Information Associate
- Pharmacovigilance Officer
- Quality Control in Clinical Research
- Quality Assurance in Clinical Research
- Quality Assurance in Pharmacovigilance
- Auditor in Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance
AAPS graduates of Clinical Research, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance post-graduate diploma qualify for Certified Clinical Research Professional – CCRP Certification awarded by Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA). For more detail contact AAPS at 416-502-2277
For more information on benefit of CCRP certification please visit https://www.socra.org/certification