- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Formulation and Manufacturing Workshop
May 8, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$585.00
Drug Formulation and Manufacturing 101
Live interactive and instructor led
Pharmaceutical drug products come in a variety of dosage forms and comprise of distinct formulations manufactured according to specific processing instructions. Formulation scientists develop pharmaceutical products in conjunction with specialists in other disciplines such as pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, toxicologists, clinicians and others to ensure the final product is safe, effective and of the highest quality.
This introductory course will provide an overall understanding of how an API is formulated into a drug product, how the physical properties of the API are critical to the development effort, and how the manufacturing process is strictly dictated by the nature of the formulation. A high level review of the formulation requirements, manufacturing unit operations and manufacturing equipment requirements of several common dosage forms will also be presented.
In particular, the following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to pharmaceutical formulation and manufacturing
- API properties that influence formulation
- Common excipients used to formulate drug products
- Basics of formulating a drug product
- Immediate release
- Controlled release
- Formulating tablets
- Manufacturing tablets
- Formulating liquids
- Manufacturing liquids
- Formulating semi-solids
- Manufacturing semi-solids
- Overview of some specialty dosage forms
The course is designed for those who work in Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Research, etc. and wish to gain a more in depth knowledge of pharmaceutical formulation and manufacturing.
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.