Preventative Control Plan (PCP) and Safe Food Canada Regulations (SFCR) Application Workshop
April 1, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CAD $585.00 + HST
AAPS Training Center
200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R4
- Introduction to Safe Food Canada Regulations (SFCR) & Safe Food Canada Act (SFCA)
- Licensing and Structure
- What’s New?
- SFC Licence checklist
- Preventative Control Plan for:
- Domestic Food Businesses
- Developing Preventative Control Plan
- Hazard Identification and associated Control Measures
- Foreign Supplier Controls (verification of CCPs being implemented, procedures for verifying PCPs are effective)
- Consumer Protection Requirements (ensure that food imported meets the applicable consumer protection provisions such as labelling, standards of identity and grades, packaging)
- Implementing Preventative Control Plan by verifying the plan if effective
- Maintenance of Preventative Control Plan – ongoing
How to open an account for SFCR/SFCA (MY CFIA)
- New service fees as a result of SFCR
- Importing Food: A step by step guide
- Exporting food: A step by step guide
- A Guide for Preparing a Preventive Control Plan: Domestic Food Businesses
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Reference Database for Hazard Identification
- Codex Alimentarius General Principles of Food Hygiene Codex Alimentarius
- Guidelines for the Validation of Food Safety Control Measures
Summary of timeline for:
- Written PCP
Summarized information will be made available on:
- Regulatory changes introduced by the SFCR/SFCA
- What is expected of the Regulated parties/Food industries?
- How can the Food Industries meet the new Regulations?
- Which sectors are affected?
- What are the Licensing requirements?
Group discussions, Questions and Answers to follow
This workshop will be beneficial for:
- Consultants to any Food Commodity Industries
- Import and Export Managers
- Owners/Operators/Partners of Food Businesses
- Plant Managers/Directors involved in the Food Businesses
- Food Safety/ HACCP Team Members/ QA/QC Managers/ Technicians & Supervisors
- Supply Chain/ Sales and Distribution Managers
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking (Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course)
Note: Registration closes one week prior to the start of workshop.