Cannabis Retail Operations and Management Workshop
April 25 – 26, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
CAD $795.00 + HST
AAPS Training Center
200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R4
The Cannabis Act establishes that provincial, territorial and municipal governments will determine the framework for the retail distribution of cannabis. As a result of each province creating their own retail model, a patchwork system has formed across Canada with different rules and regulations depending on what province and municipality you plan to operate in.
Opportunities to establish private cannabis retail businesses will be available in Ontario, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, Nunavut, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applications for a cannabis retail licence will be primarily handled by the liquor and gaming control boards of each province. It is important for potential retailers to properly prepare themselves in order to ensure that they will successfully obtain the required licence(s) and authorization.
This workshop will help guide you through the application process including the form and manner for submitting an application for a Cannabis Operator Licence and Store Authorization in Ontario and the information that is required to be submitted. A thorough overview of the Cannabis Retail Act will be provided focusing on the Registrar’s standards that have been established. This includes store and security requirements, advertising and promotional restrictions, required staff training, background checks, record keeping and documentation practices, and maintaining compliance with the federal cannabis tracking system.
- Cannabis Retail Regulations, Licensing and Application Requirements
- Cannabis Botany, Product Categories and Responsible Retailing
- Cannabis Retail Operations
- Supply Chain Management, Buying and Merchandising
- Store Design and Layout
- Staff management, training and development.
This course will deliver the tools to enable you to:
- Apply for a Cannabis Retail Operator or Store Authorization Licence
- Understand best practices related to store and security requirements
- Develop knowledge on the various cannabis products available in the Canadian market
- Own and operate your own cannabis retail store
- Understand the supply chain in relation to cannabis in Ontario
- Proper procedures for hiring, training and developing staff.
Who Should Attend
Cannabis industry professionals including employers and employees, those who are interested in obtaining a cannabis retail licence, or retail store manager licence.
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking (Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course)
Note: Registration closes one week prior to the start of workshop.