Live Webinar Review of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations and Preventative Control Plan
August 12, 2019
2:00 p.m – 4:30 p.m.
CAD $345.00 + HST
The Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) came into force on January 15, 2019. This course will provide guidance to the food industry on the regulatory changes introduced by the SFCR. At the end of the course, participants will be able to understand the regulatory requirements that need to be met, apply for licence, identify and implement changes to company’s Preventative Controls to meet the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA’s) requirements.
Benefit of the SFCR:
For trading partners abroad, it means that they can continue to buy with confidence, knowing that food produced in Canada meets internationally recognized safety standards.
For industry, the SFCR’s outcome-based regulations mean innovation and the production of safer food. Businesses can better avoid costly recalls, be more competitive at home and abroad, and increase their growth potential by accessing an even greater number of international markets.
- What are the regulatory changes introduced by the SFCR?
- What is expected of the regulated parties/food industries?
- How can the food industries meet the new regulations?
- Which sectors are affected?
- What are the licensing requirements?
- How to apply for licence?
- What are Preventative Control Plans (PCPs) and its elements?
- How to meet traceability requirements under SFCR?
- Understand the requirements for Importers.
- Understand the requirements for Exporters.
- Implementation timelines for licensing, PCPs and traceability
- CFIA’s new inspection model
Note: Course outline is subject to change without notice. Please check back regularly for updates.
Who Should Attend
- Consultants to the food and cannabis edible industries
- Personnel working in the food manufacturing, processing, import and export
- Cannabis Edible industry
- Owners/Operators of Food Businesses
- Facility Managers & Directors
- Food Safety Personnel
- HACCP Team Members
- QA/QC Managers, Technicians & Supervisors
- Supply Chain Managers