- This event has passed.
HPLC School – Cannabis, Pharmaceutical and Food
March 2, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - March 13, 2020 @ 9:00 pm$1495.00
HPLC Certification (Accelerated)
February 13-24, 2023
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
CAD $1595 + HST
AAPS Training Center
885 Sheppard Ave W, Toronto, Ontario, M3H 2T4
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) is an analytical technique for separating organic compounds in order to analyze their properties. HPLC is utilized in many industries such as biological, pharmaceutical, food, environmental and cannabis to analyze samples.
HPLC is a very popular instrument for compound analysis since it is simple to learn and easy to use. Modern HPLC are applied in quality control (QC) and research and development (R&D) to separate, identify, purify and quantify compounds. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is commonly used to quantify the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) or label claim (LC). In the cannabis industry, HPLC is the primary instrument to determine %THC, %THCA, %CBD and %CBDA.
The HPLC training certificate program at AAPS prepares students by providing hands-on practical skills necessary to perform HPLC analysis.
- Introduction to High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) principles
- Preparation of mobile phase, samples and standards
- Perform system suitability analysis
- Column setup and troubleshooting
- HPLC identification, assay and impurities tests
- Operations of Agilent and Waters HPLC system
- Navigation through Millennium (Empower) and ChemStation software
- Introduction to method validation and technology transfer
Note: Course outline is subject to change without notice. Please check back regularly for updates.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who are interested in operating HPLC; as a technician, analyst or managers looking to work or setup an analytical laboratory. No previous laboratory experience is required for this workshop.
Completing a HPLC Training certificate program at AAPS means that a wide range of careers in the pharmaceutical, food and cannabis industry will can be available. Employers in every sector know that they can count on the experience and skills of AAPS graduates for positions including:
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory Technician
- Quality Control and Assurance Analyst
- Medical Manufacturing Quality Control Manager
- Analytical Chemist
- Associate Scientist
- Research Quality Control
- HPLC Analyst
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation materials, laboratory equipment, lab coats, safety glasses, chemical reagents and free parking.