Cannabis Tissue Culture Workshop
January 25, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CAD $585.00 + HST
AAPS Training Center
200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R4
Plant tissue culture is a group of methods in which plant fragments, seeds, or individual cells may be used to propagate genetically identical offspring. Although not new to the plant sciences, tissue culture has been rapidly gaining popularity in the cannabis sector due to its ability to produce large numbers of identical plants under sterile laboratory conditions.
The cannabis industry is bringing in a lot of career opportunities to the Canadian market and is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing sectors in Canada. The rapid growth of tissue culture in the cannabis industry means there is a need for knowledgeable individuals to work in the managerial and technical roles. This workshop will give attendees a comprehensive look into tissue culture and its applications in cannabis production. Topics will include:
- Introduction to tissue culture in plants
- Techniques in tissue culture
- Designing a tissue culture lab that suits your goals and budget
- History of tissue culture
- Plant biology overview and introduction to totipotency
- Benefits of tissue culture in cannabis production
- Media composition and various formulations
- Practicing good aseptic technique
- Identifying and eliminating sources of contamination in your lab
- Laboratory design – From small to large scale
- How to conduct your own tissue culture experiments
- Advanced techniques in tissue culture
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who are interested in tissue culture in cannabis; as a technician, manager or organization looking to become a Licensed Producer (LP). No previous laboratory experience is required for this workshop.
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking (Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course)
Note: Registration closes one week prior to the start of workshop.