Cannabis Extraction Workshop
November 2, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CAD $585.00 + HST
AAPS Training Center
200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R4
Cannabis Extraction is a method of selective separation of cannabinoids and other desired compounds from the plant matter using physical or chemical techniques. In the industry, many types of extraction methods are commonly found, although CO2 extraction is the most commonly used in the Canadian legal market due to its solventless nature.
With special focus on supercritical extractions, this workshop will guide the attendee through the extraction processes found in a typical LP, from the milling of the plant material to the final formulated product. Here you will:
- Learn about extraction technologies and a summary of each type
- Learn about the supercritical phase of CO2 and its use as an extraction solvent
- Perform a simulation of common extraction processes, such as weighing and preparing concentrated cannabinoid samples for HPLC sample preparation, calculating %yield, and other downstream post-extraction processes
- Extraction technologies and a summary of each type
- The supercritical phase of CO2 and its use as an extraction solvent
- Extraction equipment and their role in the extraction process
- Safety and good production practices in your role as an extraction technician, including labeling conventions of chemical items in the laboratory
- Basic essential calculations in extraction, such as total THC, converting percentages to mg/mL
- Simulation of common extraction processes, such as weighing and preparing concentrated cannabinoid samples for HPLC sample prep, calculating %yield, and other downstream post-extraction processes
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who are enthusiastic about cannabis extraction, either as someone who would like to gain insight on this aspect of their business or as a way to gauge whether extractions could be a potential career option. The course covers a wide and general overview of extraction sciences, and as such, no previous scientific background is required.
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking (Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course)
Note: Registration closes one week prior to the start of workshop.