Managing Technical Professionals
June 22, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CAD $585.00 + HST
AAPS Training Center
200 Consumers Road, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4R4
Dan Hiltz has led training and development initiatives in global corporations for over 25 years. At Convergys Corporation, he designed and implemented a learning platform for over 80,000 employees globally. Beginning in 2007, he transformed the learning and leadership development programs at Kendle International, a global clinical research firm, from a live, instructorled model to a blended, virtual learning environment. The success of this initiative was recognized by Training magazine, eLearning, and Chief Learning Officer. He’s the founder and principal of Leadership Squared, a training and coaching firm dedicated to helping organizations build strong, adaptive cultures. Dan is a graduate of Thomas More College in Crestview Hills, KY, and holds a masters and doctorate from the University of Notre Dame. He is a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach, a CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), and serves as a Commissioner of the International Association of Continuing Education and Training (IACET). He partners with Harvard Business Publishing, a division of Harvard Business School to include world-class
content in all Leadership programs.
His clients include:
- Western & Southern Financial Group
- US Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (The Blue Angels)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Pomeroy IT Solutions
- many others
The term management refers to industrial era practices to monitor and direct the effort of employees. Highly trained professionals, who are used to dealing in the world of data, evidence, and logic, are not productive under the strict constraints of traditional management. This full day workshop will explore the reality of motivation and engagement of technical contributors with specific action steps to move them to the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Managing versus Leading
- Management in the 21st Century
- The 5 step management process
- What technical contributors want
- Coaching for optimal performance
- Putting it all together
- Thumb drive containing all course materials, including videos
- 5-Step Performance Problem Template
- Preparing to coach checklist
- Coaching session checklist
Registration Fee Includes
Presentation Materials, Luncheon, Refreshment and Free Parking
Note: Please indicate any special Dietary requirements when registering for the course
Certificate of Attendance and Course Material
- All participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
- The participants will be receiving specially prepared course manual.